Welcome to the Pregnancy edition of Homeopathy & Health Newsletter!
Did you know that Homeopathy can safely and gently relieve most pregnancy related symptoms and discomforts? Homeopathy is a gentle yet effective system of medicine which uses remedies that are highly diluted and are not chemical drugs, making them safe for both babies and mothers.
Indigestion, also known as heartburn or acid reflux, is very common during pregnancy, as is flatulence, because of pressure on the intestines and stomach by the growing baby. Smaller, more frequent meals, as opposed to three large ones, can be helpful, as can cutting down on caffeine and foods that are rich, fatty, or spicy. It is important to note here though, that any upper gastric pain may be a symptom of something more serious, such as preeclampsia, and this of course should be ruled out before going any further. The good news is, homeopathic remedies can help too. Truth be told, we can use homeopathy for almost everything that is causing you discomfort during pregnancy.
- Nux Vom is the #1 remedy for indigestion. Known for indigestion, and even gas pains, from rich, fatty, or spicy foods.
- Pulsatilla patients are particularly sensitive to rich or heavy foods, such as meats, gravies, and desserts. Digestion (and bowels) are easily disrupted.
A Few More Eating Related Tips
- Eat smaller meals
- Eat slowly
- Try sitting up straight when eating
- Avoid lying down, or going to bed, within two hours of a meal
- Add an extra pillow to your bed to help avoid symptoms while sleeping
- Avoid mint and peppermint-flavoured gum
- Try keeping a food diary.
- Track the foods you eat, the time of day you eat them, and how they make you feel.
TIP: Want to feel better? Thinking about using homeopathy to support you in pregnancy, labour & delivery? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a complimentary call to learn about how I can help.