Summer, Summer, Summer
Summer is finally here, and with it comes longer days and warmer temperatures. Frozen treats, splashing in water, and hot lazy days are fun for kids and adults alike. It also comes with its own set of obstacles, such as keeping from getting sunburnt, recovering from a late night on the patio enjoying drinks with friends, or treating insect bites and stings. There are gentle and effective remedies for all our summer ailments.
A Wholistic Approach to Summer
One great way to stay feeling good this summer is to put together a Summer First Aid Kit that can be stashed in a convenient place or taken on the go. Find a zippered bag or small container to fit a few things in. This will keep items from getting lost and will make it easy to find what you need when you need it.
In addition to homeopathic remedies, think about also adding some bandaids in a variety of sizes, a few travel sized saline solution packs for disinfecting, and even a small container or baggie with some baking soda. Mixed with water it makes a paste that provides soothing relief to insect bites, including bee & wasp stings. Finally, adding a Calendula cream will help heal cuts and scrapes.
Homeopathic Summer First Aid Kit
- Glonoin for sunstroke and sun headache
- Cantharis for painful sunburns and to help prevent blistering
Insect Bites & Stings
- Apis is best known for bee stings and insect bites that are hot and swollen
- Ledum for mosquito bites and tick bites that feel chilly rather than hot
Dehydration & Headaches
- Belladonna for headaches from too much sun
- Natrum Muriaticum for dehydration and ailments from too much sun
- Nux Vomica for too much unfamiliar or unaccustomed food and alcohol, indigestion
- Arsenicum for more severe cases with vomiting and diarrhea
Cuts & Bruises
- Calendula for open cuts and grazes, will prevent infection and promote healing
- Arnica for any hard bumps or falls, or trauma that will cause a bruise
Calendula comes in both a cream or pellets taken orally. For cuts and scrapes the cream can be applied directly.
TIP: Want to know more? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a complimentary call to learn about how I can help.
Homeopathy is a very individualized form of medicine, so if you feel like you don’t align with one of these remedies, there is another one out there that can help you! This remedy information is provided for educational purposes only and should not be used as a means to treat and/or diagnose any condition or ailment. Please seek the help of a qualified professional and ensure that you are visiting your primary care physician if symptoms persist or worsen.